B2B email marketing is crucial for businesses that sell to other businesses. Communicating through emails keeps your products and services in front of your customers, reminding them what your company offers, and emails increase how often your customers purchase. The potential ROI is huge. For example, at Winsby, our clients typically see a 4,300% ROI on the emails that we send for them, and the customers who receive those emails purchase 2-3 times more often than those who don’t receive them.
There’s one catch though: You have to do B2B email marketing the right way to see results like this. To help you out, we’ve put together some of the most common mistakes that businesses make when sending emails.
1. Not managing your email distribution list properly – As much as a third of your email list goes bad every year. If you don’t take the time to verify your existing contacts and continuously add new ones, your emails will increasingly be sent to people who won’t read or receive them, or who don’t have the power to act on them and make a purchase.
2. Not including a CTA – This one might seem simple and obvious, but it’s one of the most common B2B email marketing mistakes that businesses make. Your emails should compel the reader to take an action and give them the opportunity to do so through buttons that lead to your website or landing page.
3. Not creating a professional design – Your B2B email marketing is showcasing your company and what you offer. You should only be using high resolution images, consistent fonts, colors that match your brand and that go well together, and checking and re-checking that there are no broken links in your CTAs.
4. Not optimizing for mobile – The quickest way to make your emails look unprofessional is to not optimize them for mobile devices. Even with B2B email marketing, a large segment of your audience is going to be viewing them on their phones and not a desktop.
5. Not presenting clear, simple copy – Another of the most common B2B email marketing mistakes that businesses make is writing complicated or convoluted copy. Remember that the reader might not be as well versed in your products or services as you are. They also don’t have a lot of time to read. So, keep it short, sweet, and easy for a lay person to understand.
5. Not sticking to a consistent schedule – The last common B2B email marketing mistake that we see a lot of businesses make is sending too many emails or not sending enough. We recommend at most once a week and at least a two each month. Whatever schedule you set, stick to it, then tweak it and keep an eye on the metrics to see if adding or removing an email makes them more or less effective.
At Winsby, B2B email marketing is what we do! We will create professional looking, compelling emails that produce sales. Plus, we’ll take all the work of developing schedules and messages off your shoulders. All you do is give inputs for topics and approve the emails. We come up with topics for the emails, then research, write, design, program, distribute them and provide open reports!Contact Winsby Today